Image Map

Sunday 29 March 2015

MIMI Couture.

This article is going to be about someone who I recently became friends with and that is Fashion Designer, Mimi Chipaila. Her designs feature a lot of era tailored pieces alongside modern takes on the historical fashion. In an interview I had with her Mimi said her style in her designs are based on femininity and romance and that it is based on her life in dresses. Mimi features her designs on Facebook and hopes that one day her brand goes global. I wish her all the best and one day she will be with the greats!


My personal favourite of all of her designs is this stunning French styled 17th century gown. The deep navy blue contrasting with the gold patterns embedded into the fabric accentuate the regal and elegant style of the garment. The beautiful Madalina Mihai modelled this garment extremely well and this made her appear feminine and also empowering. 

The next design I will be reviewing is this stunning hand painted skirt and top. Again I interpret a 17th century vibe but made modern to fit in with the 21st century. The sheer elegance and beauty that resonates from this design is just, wow! Just looking at it leaves me speechless. Nhung Bucur modelled this dress with pure femininity and gave the appearance of purity and innocence with romantic gestures flowing through the skirt. 
This design is so intricate and so detailed with its black chiffon and black lace that you almost forget that it is a gothic styled piece. the femininity overpowers this design to make it whimsical yet empowering. I adore this design because it shows that to be feminine it doesn't have to feature colour but the key to this dress is structure and detail behind it. Again the modelling is done by the gorgeous Madalina and this dress suites her so well. 
I am going to show you a few designs that just had to be previewed but didn't want to have my input because these are more your own opinions. Enjoy.









No comments:

Post a Comment